Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ahhh, Love


Mawwiage is what brings us togeva, today.  Well not really.  We're not married yet.  But it seems the new hip and groovy thing to do is to start a blog once you find your significant other.

So here we go.

It would probably be appropriate to start here with a brief Amandavid history.  (Get it?  Our names together?  Get it?)  We were initially set up by 1. Kayleen, Amanda's bestie and 2. Tiago, David's last mission companion.  Those two were dating, and thought to themselves "Who are the two coolest people we could set up on a blind date?"  Yep, it was us.  Amanda was of course immediately smitten by my charming looks and witty personality.  I was attracted to Amanda because of her intellectual nature.  Good joke, am I right?  Talk about the hottest being I have ever laid eyes on!  Not hands though, if any of her family is reading this.

So that date was really fun.  The next week we decided to do a double date and carve some pumpies.


Notice we're still not to the touching phase yet.  That wasn't the end, it was only the beginning.  We went on several more dates, going to comedy clubs, making music videos, watching all of the Star Wars movies (except the last one for some reason), baking a cake....


And then finally, we were Facebook official.  Cong-rats!  What the heck is a cong rat?  Nevertheless, we perservered.  Of course, there were difficulties along the way.  We both discovered that one of us had intense love while the other had an intense hatred for olives.  Luckily we surpassed that hurdle.  But it was a rough patch.  We broke up twice (for 5 minutes each time.  I just wanted to say we'd broken up.  Amanda still shakes her head about that.) but you know.  We're here baby.

We were lucky enough to go to San Diego when Tiago and Kayleen were married.  We laughed about it then saying, wouldn't it be weird if we got married too?


Well, looks like its gonna happen for us too.  And boy are we excited.  The one thing I'm not excited about is Amanda's tendency to figure out every surprise I plan for her before it occurs.  Take today.  As I was innocently looking in my bag, she decided to take a quick peek.  Luckily enough the surprise was in a bag, but she just HAD to know what was in the bag.  My quick thinking deferred any questions.  I didn't get so lucky when I proposed though.  I had purchased the ring in secret, wanting her to be super surprised.  I hid it under my pillow.  In retrospect, not the best of hiding places.  She left a gift for me on my bed, and very sweetly decided to make my bed.  SURPRISE!  Oh wait.....

Luckily, I was still able to surprise her.  I was so calm, cool, and collected the whole day.  Think Harrison Ford and James Dean with a side of Frank Sinatra.  I had her roommate set up a special spot to us with flower petals and candles, and luckily Amanda hadn't guessed that one.


She said yes.  And here we are folks.  Two of the most stunningly beautiful people to grace Brigham Young University will tie the knot in May.  We look forward to the posts and good times.  Until then....

May the Force be with you.  (Yes, that was David's idea)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say Cong-rats! So excited for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean to tell me this whole time we've been playing words and you couldn't have spelled engaged or together or hey I'm totally set to be married in may?! Ok that last one would not work... Cong rats David!

    ReplyDelete